Saturday 29 November 2014

Ultrasound

I am about to be crude for a moment, but I love this phrase (heard off comedian Jan Maree "Fever Bitch") and I use it whenever I have the opportunity.  You've been warned.

"Sluicing out the old juice box".  Yup, getting ready for my scan and preparing just in case of an encounter with the dildo cam, figured I had best wash up, because you should always turn up with a freshly washed beaver anytime there is a possibility you will have to pull it out.  So, home from work at lunch and into the shower.  Even thought about swapping for a new razor to shave the legs with, but figured I could get a few more days out of the old one.  Happily washing away when I looked down and OHMYGODBLOOD!  Naturally I assume that the BADTHING is happening (because if it is going to, of course it will be just before an ultrasound), but there seemed to be no blood coming from there, and the amount on the floor of the shower was impressive.  Turns out I cut my leg shaving.  Never been so happy to cut myself!  Me thinks time to toss the dull razor. 

On to the ultrasound.  There is a little heart beating away at 104 beats per minute, and a little tadpole measuring in almost exactly on time at 8mm.  My left ovary looked questionable and the lady thought she could see a bleeding cyst on it, so off with the pants and in with the dildo cam (good thing I sluiced out the old juice box).  No corner of my uterus was left unexplored.  Because my ovary was being difficult.  But she could find nothing, and doing a second external scan, there was nothing there.  She mumbled something about a leaky bowel or fluid or something, but whatever she saw was gone after I emptied a very full bladder, and she wasn't concerned.  Anyway, no cysts bleeding and no blood in the uterus.  Things are looking good!

The Moose was there of course, and couldn't stop beaming.  He is totally chuffed and over the moon.  It is so touching and cute.  I think the ultrasound finally made this real for him!

So, 7 weeks tomorrow.  Still no puking, only the greasy feeling like I am hungover.  Still exhausted much of the time, but coping better.  Food cravings kicking in, but really, I have always had them (I have always believed pickles to be the perfect chaser to ice cream) but the other day I really wanted cherry jello and green olives.  I really really want fruity things too.  And tomatoes.  And lemonade.  Yum.  I am 2 kilos down still and seem to lose and gain the same kilo every other day or so.  Not sure how I am not gaining, but I am trying to pay attention to what I am eating.  My sense of smell is maybe a little sharper than usual (I have an excellent snout), but there aren't too many things that I can't stand.  My brain is still in pregnancy fog and oh my god, math, how do I do that? 

Cat update: Toffs and Cleo were very naughty the other day.  I have to express Toff's bladder twice a day to keep her alive (nerve damage after being hit by a car left her unable to pee on her own, though she can leak).  Toffs has decided to change up the routine she has been holding to the last 2 years and not hang around the house in the morning.  So I rushed home during lunch, and she still wasn't around.  So she went about 20 hours without having her bladder emptied before I finally caught her.  And she did it again the next day!  So new plan:  Locking the cat flap and barricading the door at night, because yes, she can open a locked cat flap.  When she gets up and makes a lot of noise trying to get out, I will express her and let her go.  I'll probably be up to pee anyway.  And Cleo, well, she is always naughty, but left me two halves of a bird in the house at the door.  Thanks, Cleo. 

4 comments:

  1. So glad the U/S showed a growing embie! yay! Ha, I've done the cut with the razor and freaked out over the blood too. Even easier to do as the belly grows. How considerate of you to show up with a clean beaver. I hope the techs appreciated it. Enjoy the fruits - that's what I craved too. Also not to worry if there's no weight gain over first trimester - lots of people don't gain anything, and probably just as well. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am not so sure of the logistics of shaving my legs in my tiny shower with a belly...might have to take up waxing or get an electric shaver thingy. The weight thing is just perplexing, as I am eating and not vomiting, but I am more than willing to roll with it, as I am already a bit chunky!

      Delete
  2. You're so good. I always make sure to shower the mornings I have a date with Mr. Wandy (I tend to shower at night) but I don't have a lot of hair on my legs so unless I'm going swimming, I don't shave. Period. (Sometimes I regret this decision if I go to get a pedicure, because the salon guys find it REALLY distasteful that I have some downy hair on my legs.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally OCD about shaving my legs. I can not stand the feel of stubble on stubble. Its like fingernails on a chalkboard to me!

      Delete