Tuesday 16 December 2014

Code Red.

I've read a few posts lately from ladies in their first trimester who are very weepy, crying over various things they wouldn't normally cry over.

I don't seem to have this problem.  I have cried only once, over something I read that would have made me cry normally. 

Instead of getting weepy I just get angry.  Really, really angry.  I might be the incredible hulk.

I am usually pretty chill.  I don't get worked up often, or for very long when I do.  Most things roll right off my back, or get internalized until I eventually explode (once or twice a year, tops).  But pregnancy has made me irrationally angry.  I can go from normal to totally f*cked off in 1.5 seconds now, and over things that would normally maybe annoy me at most.  I am happy to report that the Moose has escaped my wrath thus far.  He is such a good Moose.  Various coworkers have been my intended targets, and I am happy to report that I have not yet said anything I regret to anyone.  I have come very, very close. 

So today, 9 weeks 1 day.  Victims so far: 0  Well, maybe the 2 girls I yelled at last week at work.  But I maintain they had it comin.  Still queasy, still no puking.  No weight gain.  Still tired.  It's hot here now and that makes it all worse.  Some jobs in the heat make me dizzy.  Boobs only a little sore, but nearly overflowing.  And my fuse is short.  I feel like I should come with a warning label, or a color code system.  Green means I am fine (or queasy), yellow means shut up, orange means keep out of arms reach (or throwing distance) and red means start running.  Now.



No comments:

Post a Comment