Monday 5 January 2015

Good news

We still have a heartbeat!  A strong and clear one at what looks like 160bpm, though with the midwife's handwriting it could be IbO.  Serious chicken scratch.  Anyhoodle, she wasn't concerned with my brief spotting, and said that I won't be miscarrying with that heartbeat.  Of course, anything is still possible, but the chances are so low that I am not going to worry about it.

And other good news: we can have the house sprayed for spiders (midwife approved).  It is time to do that again.  How do I know it is time?  Oh, the monstrous white tail spider I killed the other day.  The biggest bloody white tail I have EVER seen, and we get quite a few of these little somewhat poisonous bastards.  I have killed bigger spiders in the US, and WAY bigger ones is Aussie, but not here.  And worst of all, I nearly touched it before I realized it was a spider.  It was hiding in disguise and underneath a stack of newspapers.  Clearly a scout for a much large force of spiders preparing for battle.  Well, spiders, consider yourselves warned: the Geneva Convention does not apply to you, and I am going chemical on your 8-legged asses. 

4 comments:

  1. So glad you heard that strong reassuring heartbeat! As for the spiders....ick, ick, EEK! just thinking about that freaks me out. Hope you get rid of them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I have killed a spider a day for the past week! Most have been small, and not poisonous. There is no chance of rain, we haven't had any rain, and my killing them isn't making it rain, so I can only assume they are beginning their assault.

      Delete
  2. Yay for a strong heartbeat! So happy to hear your good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hoping you continue to get good news too!

      Delete