Saturday 7 February 2015

Some Q & A

I have never done one of these, and since I can never think of anything to post about these days...well, I thought I would give it a go.  Mel over at Stirrup Queens posed the following questions to everyone reading her post to see who would answer them.


1. When was the last time you cut your hair? Did you like the haircut?

A couple of months ago I got a trim to correct the mullet I was coincidentally growing after deciding to grow my extremely short hair long again (I always cut it short in winter because static, and grow it long in summer because ponytails are way cooler than short hair on a hot day!).  The hair cut (well, trim, I guess) was well done but not mind-blowing or anything.


2. Grapes with seeds or seedless?

Seedless, but I will eat grapes with seeds.  I work in vineyards (wine grapes, not table grapes) and it is nearly that time of year when I can start happily munching away on fruit while I work!!


3. When was the last time you went to a fancy party? What did you wear?

I first read this as fancy dress party, in which case it was in 2010 with a 60s theme for a 60th birthday, but I didn't dress up because I had just moved back to NZ and didn't have anything or time.  But a fancy party??  Hmm...probably never.  I am not a fancy person.


4. What colour is your bedroom wall?

Sadly light pink (not painted since house was bought), but that will be changing soon.  Some shade of green for a feature wall or two, and I will use the tan/buff colour we used in the spare bedroom for the rest, and a neutral for the ceiling.  I hate painting ceilings. 


5. The worst smell in the world is…

Cigarette smoke.  I want to kill smokers.  The second worst would be mothballs (I attempted to clean out the glory box that we took from the Moose's mum's place yesterday...ick).  And the third worst would be silage.  Makes me gag just thinking about it.  The world is full of bad smells.


6. Last thing you spat out.

A large bite of fish taco when I started inexplicably gagging on it.  As this was two weeks ago, I can't really attribute it to morning sickness, especially since I had no nausea with it.  Just...suddenly started gagging.  Before that was a piece of fatty meat at the company Christmas party...I am all sorts of classy...no wonder I don't get invited to fancy parties.


7. Do you sing when no one is around? What do you usually sing?

Yup.  The other day at work I sang Guns and Roses for a couple of hours.  A few days before I was humming Shaggy songs...so...a bit of a grab bag for what I sing, but I always sing the wrong lyrics.  


8. Your least favourite name (and it’s okay if it’s Melissa; I can take it).

 I went to school with a girl named Charmel...and yes, she was exactly like what her name would suggest.  I think I dislike names that give you a strong preconceived notion of what the person should be like (especially when they turn out to be that way).


9. Did you like the food served at the last dinner party you went to?

Dinner party?  I don't go to those.  The last party I went to was the company Christmas party, and I was disappointed with the food, but I was looking forward to it so hard that disappointment was inevitable.  And my taste buds were a bit off anyway.  But I was starving so I ate everything I heaped on to my plate!


10. What is your most prized possession? Would you kill a unicorn in order to save your most prized possession?

There are a few objects that I have that are important to me.  One is a wall scroll and painting I got in Japan when I was living there.  Another is the program from my grandpa's funeral, which has travelled with me for nearly 20 years.  My wedding ring is probably the most important to me.  I can't really wear jewelry much (metal allergies, no occasion to, etc), and rings have always been difficult.  If I feel like I can't get a ring off I panic.  I almost never wore my rings from my first marriage.  They were never comfortable.  This one I never take off (though I do check that it slips past the knuckle a few times a day to prevent panic if I think my hand is swelling).  The Moose is a keeper.

I would not kill a unicorn to save any of these things.  They are just things and life will move on without them.  Plus, a unicorn!  That's like a pony but better.  I would kill a unicorn to save the Moose and the cats (but the cats would owe me big time, and could probably take a unicorn on their own).


Cut-and-paste the questions onto your blog and answer them, and then pose 10 of your own.

Oh crap, the hard part.  I don't think many people read this blog, so this might be a waste of time, but here goes:

1.  If you could only do one really well, which would you rather do, sing or dance, and why?
2.  What was your favourite subject in school, and why?
3.  What would your super power be?  What would you use it for?
4.  If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5.  Do you have any strange phobias or aversions?
6.  What is your earliest memory of?
7.  What is your favourite word in any language?
8.  How do you deal with a massive spider in the house?
9.  If you could go back in time and talk to your younger self, how far back would you go and what would you say?
10.  When was the last time you did something out of your comfort zone, and what did you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment