Wednesday 18 May 2016

Where we are at

I am debating whether or not to stop blogging.  I always envisioned taking this blog more seriously, posting thoughtful, well written posts, but I just can't be bothered, and I honestly don't have that much time.  Maybe one day in the future I will pick up and do a parenting blog.  Probably not, but maybe.  In the meantime I will just post here every now and again with a quick update, until I am ready to completely stop.

The bubs in nearly one!!  She has 3 chompers, crawls and pulls her self up, and also is a bit feral.  Seriously.  This child growls.  We call her Beezlebub (I need an old priest and a young priest!).  But it replaced the screeching, so I will take it for the sake of my ears.  She also head bunts things she likes, as a cat does.  I think this started because I used to give her eskimo kisses and nuzzles, so I think her version is a head bunt.  Either that or she thinks she is a cat.  She likes bath time, family feud (the NZ version- it is on before the news), toast (especially if it is mine), yogurt, the cats and all cat like things and pulling grass up from the ground.  She hates any food I try to feed her, feeding herself, when her rolly turtle flips on his side, the 5 minutes she has to wait for me to get breakfast ready (even though she will only eat a few bites) and nappy changes (she goes into a crocodile death roll and I try not to get poo everywhere).  The thing I am loving most right now is how much she looks like a frog when she is crawling about the house, and peeking at her around furniture.  She loves peek-a-boo.

TTC #2.  We are 7dpo.  Could be an implantation dip on the chart (if the temp goes up tomorrow that is), but I don't have much hope for this cycle- our timing was off due to a trip and a teething bubs.  Before my delayed ovulation I was feeling confident, just like when we first started trying for Bubs way back when.  But no peeing on sticks, no obsessing for me this time around, because the Bubs in on the march and playing with her toys one minute, trying to get into the rubbish the next.  Of course, I say that now at 7dpo...lets see how I feel about it in 4 days or so. 

So here is a cute pic of my Bubs.






1 comment:

  1. Bubs is crazy adorable! How big and childlike. Can't believe she is almost a year. I hope you ride the wave of semi-optimism to success as you start TTC again.

    ReplyDelete